This will be short because I can barely keep my head above water right now.
I have too much fucking work.
Which, is a good thing. We’ll get to buy the real estate we want.
I just might combust in the process
Yesterday there were 1,504 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
I slept 6 hours and 12 minutes from 12:51 am to 8:27am, with baby feeding breaks at night, for a total recovery score of 76%. I clearly slept like shit, and late, so I’m not sure why this recovery was decent.
I didn’t exercise.
Stress was probably 3/5.
Diet was fine, nothing bad nothing great. I think a standard assortment of random stuff.
My Day Job
I literally didn’t do anything because I was trying to keep my head above water.
Investment real estate
Nothing. Keep the cashflow coming.
CCIO: My business
TBD on this for now. It’s coming in Q1 of 2021
Content website business
I spent an hour or two here getting started with keyword research for Ahrefs and then creating a bunch of content outlines with Surfer SEO. With both of those in mind, I was able to get my brother up and running to start writing.
I plan to start writing as well as soon as I have an opportunity to do so.
I analyzed my first Axial deal. It was a $10M company in the trucking space with ~15% margins and recurring B2B revenue. I love B2B, and I love recurring revenue.
I hate trucking, simply because self-driving trucks will change the industry. I’m not willing to bet $10m that I can correctly guess that.
It’s a world.
We had a couple of calls here. The client is interested in introducing some new Excel models into our day-to-day, so my job is going to build out a model(s) that allow us to do some nifty analytics. Overall, I think it’s going in the right direction here but I’m behind on what I should be done with at this point.
Lots of meetings and lots of powerpoint adjustments here
Nothing, waiting for a kickoff call.
Sourcing new work
Still have proposals out. One of my proposals asked to hop on the phone tomorrow morning, which is usually a good sign or a request to ask for more info.
As much time as possible with my fiancee.
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Presentation project: $400
- Data Project: $1,000
- Real Estate Cashflow (13 multi-family units): $65
Planned income streams
- My Business (CCIO)
- Ads on $10K
- Content sites
- Acquired businesses
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Health Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $4.20
- Peloton: $3.20
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $4.80
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
- Hiscox business insurance: $4
Content Business: $10.79
- Bluehost for hosting (9 domains): $0.89
- Bluehost for domain names(9 domains): $0.27
- Ahrefs for keyword research: $3.00
- Surfer SEO for content: $6.63
$10K a day: $1.59
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $1,635 spent $114, which means….
Made $1,521 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Tuesday and I have:
- A follow-up call on a proposal
- Get close to finishing up the presentation project
- Some day job work that I’ve put off thus far
- Data project modeling
1,503 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then