You know what is exciting?
Quitting your job!
I am feeling really good these days and very excited about the world. I’m excited that I’m finally able to go after the things I want to go after and am able to fully lead the entrepreneurial path.
Yesterday, for example, was a busy day. In fact, it was one of the longest days I’ve worked in a long time (from 6am to 9pm) but it was exciting because it was the start of something entrepreneurial. Sure, I have some “handover” work to do for my full time job. However, that work is absolutely on the back nine and I’m just about done.
This is so fucking exciting.
I do consulting, like crazy, for the next ~60-90 days.
2020 is about consulting.
2021 is about getting CCIO from $0 to ~$250K
2022 is about scaling CCIO from ~$250K to $1M (which should be easier than scaling from $0-$250K!) and investing this money into assets like real estate.
Lets fucking get it!
Yesterday there were 1,497 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
No Whoop on so no sleep data.
No Peloton workout today, just some stretching at night. I ended up with a 15.2 strain score on the Whoop.
Stress was probably 2/5, with 1 being the highest. It was a really busy day (6am-9pm) so I was tired as hell.
Diet was crap. Oatmeal for breakfast, bad quality Chinese food for lunch, and then Farro for dinner, which helped rescue it a little bit.
My Day Job
Some hand over stuff here as I wrap up my job, but we’re pretty much approaching the end of the line here.
Investment real estate
CCIO: My business
Nothing-consulting through the end of the year to make money.
Content website business
Not much….got more deals set my way via Axial but haven’t pulled the trigger just yet.
A call here, and then I have some work to do later this week.
I got paid and a nice note from the client. Always good when that happens!
I sent an email or two here. I need to do a lot more tomorrow
I had a quick call with the client. It went just OK…..I need to impress them this week so things continue going well.
I had a call here and this went really well. I think they are impressed. Some follow up work here as a result.
Sourcing new work
That $50K project I mentioned yesterday ended up having a really, really good pitch call. I think I’ll sell that project too
Family time with my fiancee at night.
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Market Research: $220
- Market Analysis: $634
- Data: $94
- Project Support: $525
- Real Estate Cashflow (13 multi-family units): $65
Planned income streams
- My Business (CCIO)
- Content sites
- Ads on $10K
- Acquired businesses
- Acquired hotels
- Dividend stocks (especially muni bonds)
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Health Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $4.20
- Peloton: $3.20
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $4.80
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
- Hiscox business insurance: $4
Content Business: $10.79
- Bluehost for hosting (9 domains): $0.89
- Bluehost for domain names(9 domains): $0.27
- Ahrefs for keyword research: $3.00
- Surfer SEO for content: $6.63
$10K a day: $1.59
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $1,708 pent $114, which means….
Made $1,594 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Tuesday and I have:
- 3-4 calls
- Slide work for project support
- Outlining work for the market analysis project
- Handover work for my existing company
1,496 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then