I’ve been working all-out for a while now. I’m technically working three full-time jobs at the moment and am getting ready for a baby to arrive in a few weeks.
It’s been busy as shit, to say the least. Which leads to this weekend and what I ended up doing.
My mother-in-law told me a story about someone she knew who worked so hard that he went crazy. Full-on mental breakdown from working too hard. I also know stories about people my age, with similar work ethics and jobs, who are dying from heart attacks in their 20’s/30’s because they’re working so much and relying on stimulants to keep them moving.
If that’s you, then you are fucking stupid. There’s no other way to describe it.
I don’t want that to be me. I don’t think I am at risk of but going crazy, I do think it’s worth resting and feeling better. Taking the time to rest up is worth it if it means that I can then start jumping at this week with just more energy to rock this week.
I feel weird doing this, because this isn’t my approach. I hate taking a break.
I’ve learned that I need too.
Yesterday there were 1,605 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
I woke up at 8:17 am after going to bed at 12:27, for a total amount of sleep of 7 hours and 35 minutes. Recovery was 59%.
It’s rest time.
Break time, break time, break time. Day strain was low at 7.6, as it should be if it’s a rest day.
I was at a 4/5, with 1 being the highest. The added sleep helped take some of the stress off.
Diet was coffee, and chicken for dinner.
3/5 with 1 being the best. As usual, not great.
My Day Job
Investment real estate
My Actual Business
Market Research & Customer Interviews
Sourcing new work
Time with my fiancee
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Rental Income (13 rental units): $43
- Framework: $250
- Customer Interviews: $430
Planned income streams
- My Startup
- Local Serviced Based Business (cleaning business)
- WordPress Maintenance Site
- Content sites
- Dividend Income (municipal bonds)
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $133.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Heath Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
- Food for the family: $28
- Sheets for the crib: $16
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $12.00
- Peloton: $3.20
- Gainful Protein Powder: $1.80
- Care/of Vitamin pack: $3.00
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $2
- Gusto to pay myself: $1.50
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
$10K a day: $12.42
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
- Rhino Rank for SEO: $10.83
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $893, spent $163, which means….
Made $730 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Monday, and going to be totally slammed
- Finish up a business plan
- Sketch out a skeleton for my market mapping project
1,604 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then