Today is a 100 day. There are 1,600 days left until I turn 30. That’s 1,600 days to build up my income to $10,000 a day (passively).
I feel like I’m on track to get there. I’m making ~$700 per day right now, although most of that is not passive.
The reason why I feel like I’m on track though is because I understand how to start a business (I bootstrapped my consulting firm to $200K+ in income). I feel a lot of confidence in bootstrapping a business because I’ve now done it before.
Do you know where the majority of the confidence comes from?
The internet is the greatest learning source of all time
If you have access to the internet, then you have all the information you need on how to start a business.
- You could watch talks from Mark Cuban on Youtube
- You could read AMA’s on Reddit from entrepreneurs who bootstrapped
- You could even read a daily case study on how entrepreneurship is difficult
Here’s a bold claim: if you don’t feel ready to start a business, then you haven’t done your homework. All the information you need is online. Go find it.
I feel ready, because I’ve spent years finding it.
Yesterday there were 1,601 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
I woke up at 8:42 am after going to bed at 11:58, for a total amount of sleep of 8 hours and 8 minutes. Recovery was 56%
I’m not sure why my recovery was only 58% despite a ton of sleep. I think there’s some components here of needing to eat better and stretch more, but I’m not sure.
Need to keep the energy levels up.
I took an hour walk outside with my fiancee to stretch the legs, and I did a couple of pushup breaks throughout the day. It kept things energized.
I was at a 4/5, with 1 being the highest. Consulting work slowing down is a big value-add.
Diet was coffee, and then chicken kabob for dinner. 3/5 with 1 being the best.
My Day Job
Investment real estate
Confirmation from our property manager that the gas guy is getting started on Monday for us, but that was it.
My Actual Business
I did a couple of things here.
First, I put a post on UpWork to see how much it would cost for someone to build the software I need. My guess is $20K, but I wanted to know for sure to help my planning a bit better. I ended up speaking with a great firm based in Texas and they are getting me a quote today.
Similarly, I talked with a design firm that specializes in UX to understand how much it would cost to do branding and design a website. The price I got from them was $40K to do so. I’d love to hire them, but probably will need to wait a year or two before investing there. For now, I’ll probably use 99 Designs or something similar to get the web design and branding done.
Finally, I figured outmy sales automation Stack:
- Leads from LeadFuze will automatically be sourced for me. That’s 500 leads for ~$150
- Those leads will get automatically sent to Woodpecker who auto emails them for $50 a month.
- I’d expect ~3% conversion from Woodpecker to booking a meeting. They’ll book a meeting with Plann3r.
- Booked prospects show up in my Pipedrive CRM for $50 a month
All in, at a 3% conversion rate, I’ll have 15 pitch meetings a month. Cost to schedule those meetings will be $250 or $16.66 per. If I sell at a 30% rate, I’ll sell 5 prospects a month, which would be a CAC of $50.
Not too bad
I’m also rewatching the YC class on “how to start a startup.”
Business is still slowing down a bit here.
Done-waiting on final payment.
My guy is running with the modeling
Couple meetings yesterday on this
Nothing, I’ll need to do this tomorrow.
Market Research & Customer Interviews
A couple of interviews.
Sourcing new work
Heard from someone who sends work my way. She might have a $1,200 project for me that I can get done for $50 and a few hours of work. Hopefully this comes through because that would be fantastic!
Walk and dinner with my fiancee.
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Rental Income (13 rental units): $43
- Framework: $250
- Customer Interviews: $430
Planned income streams
- 15 websites
- My Startup
- Local Serviced Based Business (cleaning business)
- WordPress Maintenance Site
- Content sites
- Dividend Income (municipal bonds)
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Heath Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $12.00
- Peloton: $3.20
- Gainful Protein Powder: $1.80
- Care/of Vitamin pack: $3.00
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $2
- Gusto to pay myself: $1.50
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
$10K a day: $12.42
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
- Rhino Rank for SEO: $10.83
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $893, spent $119, which means….
Made $774 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Friday, and I need to do:
- A couple more interviews for the market research project
- Summary project
- Modeling project
1,600 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then