Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did work, as always, but it felt good.
I’m really excited about the idea of quitting my job. Doing that will feel really good. That means I will have officially become a full-time entrepreneur, something I’ve wanted to be since I truly understood what the word means.
When I was younger, my dad used to provide advice. He had a successful career, but he didn’t like having a boss. He made a comment to me once that said: “You can make a lot of money working for the man, but you won’t make money unless you are the man.”
By quitting my job, I’ll be the man.
I’m not quitting today, or even for a bit (need to figure out the insurance piece first), but I’m feeling really good about the process.
Yesterday there were 1,539 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
I slept 6 hours and 1 minute (not bad for a baby!) but my recovery was low at only 33% according to Whoop.
I did an awesome 30min Peloton ride with AT that kicked my ass…and I kicked its ass in result. It was a hell of a workout. For that reason, day strain increased to 17.8.
Tuesday was a 3/5 stress day, with 1 being the highest. Relatively normal day for me.
Diet was coffee, and then a ton of spinach and garbanzo beans for dinner. Pretty healthy dinner.
My Day Job
I didn’t do anything at all here.
Investment real estate
With our 7 unit property in Illinois being completely trashed due to the storm, our realtor suggested pulling it off the market until it’s completely fixed up. With that in mind, we agreed.
The hope is that we can get it fixed up and good to go before it gets too cold outside to get the thing rented up.
I’d love it occupied sooner rather than later!
CCIO: My business
Nothing right now. Coming soon!
Busy day here
I did a bunch of work here on slides for all my clients. I did some work for someone outside my standard project team, which was an opportunity to impress them. The hope is that they’d like the work and would then hire me to do some more work for them down the line.
New huge project
This project is sold, but I haven’t heard from the client regarding when they want to connect. So, I’m kind of in waiting time until we are all good to go here.
Sourcing new work
Time with the baby and fiancee!
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Consulting Project: $650
Planned income streams
- My Business (CCIO)
- WordPress Maintenance Site
- Content sites
- Acquired businesses
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Heath Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $12.00
- Peloton: $3.20
- Gainful Protein Powder: $1.80
- Care/of Vitamin pack: $3.00
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $6
- Gusto to pay myself: $1.50
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
- Hiscox business insurance: $4
$10K a day: $12.42
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
- Rhino Rank for SEO: $10.83
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $820, spent $123, which means….
Made $697 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I need to do:
- Main consulting work client
- Figure out why I haven’t heard from
1,538 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then