If you look online, there are so many “fake gurus” on Instagram talking about how to make a million dollars in 30 seconds online.
It’s bullshit. It’s annoying. And it hurts the process.
I’m doing the process right now. I had a pretty laid back day yesterday.
Now, I’m getting fucking slaughtered today as a result.
But this post is about yesterday, so I’ll write on that. Since today is going poorly, I’ll keep yesterday brief.
Yesterday there were 1,532 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
Sleep was pretty decent yesterday for having a baby around the house! Whoop has me at 6 hours and 11 minutes of sleep, total recovery of 92%.
I did a 30min Peloton ride with my man Alex Toussaint and did really well. I ended up PR’ing on this ride, and Whoop has my total strain for the ride at 10.7 and the day at 16.0
Tuesday was a 4/5 stress day, with 1 being the highest. Not too bad here at all.
Diet was coffee, noodles for lunch and then vegan dumplings for dinner. All vegan.
The good diet is really huge here to help me stay energized.
My Day Job
So, this is now starting to be a thing.
The company has realized that I haven’t been doing much work here, so I’m starting to hear from them a lot more. I’m getting assignments to complete which are starting to sap my time.
Overall, I spent an hour and the phone and maybe 30 extra minutes to do prep work here. All in, the time commitment isn’t terrible if it’s only 90 minutes.
The downside is that it just takes a lot of time to mentally switch between tasks. I feel fragmented when I need to switch between tasks. I’m excited to leave this day job simply so I can stop switching between tasks.
Investment real estate
Heard from our existing PM here for our 7 unit, mainly about how the trash company we are currently working with is doing a shit job. Apparently they haven’t been picking up the trash and at least one good tenant is annoyed.
Good tenants are critical, however.
So, we are getting rid of this shit company and moving to a better company. This other company has a better reputation and is cheaper.
Even better, the tenant should see that we take his concerns seriously and are actively working to make sure that he’s happy. That alone is worth a lot.
CCIO: My business
Couple more conversations with my fiancee here about this. She believes strongly that this business needs a referral plan, and she’s right. I need to figure out how to fold that into the swing of things.
This wasn’t bad yesterday but is bad today as a result.
Some light slides and some light Excel. Only a bit of work here.
New huge project
Quick phone call, but that’s it.
One of my recurring clients in Australia had reached out and asked for a very difficult analysis. I’ve been working like hell on this one, but getting absolutely fucking nothing on it.
I sent it over to him, and billed him for the time.
He doesn’t seem happy. I need to address that today.
Sourcing new work
Nothing here. I would love to source no new work for a little while here.
Time with the baby and fiancee.
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Consulting Project: $650
- New big consulting project: $312
- Australian work: $1,080
Planned income streams
- My Business (CCIO)
- WordPress Maintenance Site
- Content sites
- Acquired businesses
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Heath Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $12.00
- Peloton: $3.20
- Gainful Protein Powder: $1.80
- Care/of Vitamin pack: $3.00
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $6
- Gusto to pay myself: $1.50
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
- Hiscox business insurance: $4
$10K a day: $1.59
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $2,212, spent $113, which means….
Made $2,099 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
That’s today, which is Wednesday, and I’m getting god damn smacked
- I crashed asleep and couldn’t wake up this morning, which means I’m so dramatically far behind it’s unreal
- I have a pissed Australian client I need to protect
- I have a huge project for which I’ve done barely any work and need to do a shit ton today
- Normal fire fighting through the day as well.
- So, you know, normal days!
1,531 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then