Progress is really slow.
Yesterday, my fiancee and I were talking about the progress we’re making. We are so very on track to retiring at 30. That feels monumental. You would expect that each day for us feels like a rocket ship and we are barely hanging on for the ride. You’d be forgiven for thinking we are constantly on the hunt for Lamborghinis and are about to start selling bullshit “make money online” courses.
In reality, it barely feels like we are making progress. When we do make progress, it doesn’t feel like anything special.
The days are the same.
Wake up, make coffee, sit down into my chair, work, and not leave for the next 8 hours. Then workout, play with the baby and spend time with my fiancee. Then go to sleep.
That is not a “sexy” day.
But, it’s a day that is shockingly consistent and the consistency makes money.
Here’s what I did in my consistent day yesterday.
Yesterday there were 1,526 days until I turn 30 and need to make $10K a day passively. Here’s how I spent it in pursuit of that goal
The current phase of the plan
I’m in Phase #3: The Business Phase. You can read more about the phases and my plan to get to $10K/a day at 30 here.
I still consult, and I still have a job. I’m looking forward to removing both of those ASAP.
Wake up & sleep:
Whoop was being dumb so I don’t have anything the past couple of days.
No workout. Not great.
Call it 4/5 on the stress.
Still a bunch of vegan stuff. I honestly can’t remember what I had for dinner, I think pasta?
It was vegan though.
My Day Job
Monday was normal. They threw a bunch of stuff onto my plate that I guess they want me to do.
I’m barely hanging on at this point since I’m just about ready to quit.
Investment real estate
We finally heard from the adjuster for our 7 units. The storm was quite bad and damaged the roof, so we’re hoping the entire roof can bee replaced this go-around.
There is a guy who expressed interest in the property via BiggerPockets, but took his name out of contention to buy it a while back. I’m trying to “keep him warm” by sending him updates. I told him about the potentially new roof and the potentially rented units and he’s very excited about that.
He’s talking with his wife tonight, but it’s possible that he’ll end up buying the property from us in a few months.
CCIO: My business
This is going to be big during Q4 and next year.
So many meetings.
This project is now done. I just need to collect the check (arguably the most important part!).
Huge data project
I had an update call with a client here and then made some associated Model and Powerpoint updates. Things are progressing here, which is fun I guess.
Sourcing new work
I heard from a contact about a couple of different projects. My guess is that I’ll end up signing on to do something new relatively shortly.
Always good to have one or two projects together!
Time with the baby and fiancee.
Rescue Time Daily Screenshot
What I made today
Current Income Streams
- Job: $170
- Consulting Project: $350
- Real Estate Cashflow (13 multi-family units): $65
Planned income streams
- My Business (CCIO)
- WordPress Maintenance Site
- Content sites
- Acquired businesses
Today’s pro-rated amount of monthly & yearly expenses
Life Expenses: $89.73
- Rent, utilities, Internet: $63.33
- Phone Bill: $1.57
- Heath Insurance: $8.90
- Ladder Life Insurance: $0.83
- TrueBill for Budget tracking: $0.10
- Car: $15
My Startup’s Expenses: $0.16
- Bluehost Domain name: $0.16
Health Expenses: $4.20
- Peloton: $3.20
- Whoop fitness tracker: $1.00
Productivity Expenses: $2.25
- SuperHuman to save time on email: $1.00
- Rescue Time to keep me honest on my productivity: $0.20
- Fantastical as my main calendar: $0.20
- Evernote to track everything: $0.27
- Grammarly to keep my emails looking okay: $0.38
- BackBlaze to keep my files backed up: $0.20
Consulting Business Expenses: $4.80
- Quickbooks to track expenses: $0.40
- Google Business Email Account: $0.40
- Fiverr for virtual support: $0
- Hiscox business insurance: $4
$10K a day: $1.59
- Kinsta for hosting: $1.00
- Bluehost for domain names: $0.03
- WP Rocket for speed: $0.14
- Link Whisper for SEO: $0.14
- Elementor for site design: $0.14
- Astra for theme: $0.14
Real Estate Investing: $0.52
- Legal Zoom Registered Agent (all LLC’s): $0.52
Today’s Income (pre-tax)
Topline of $585 spent $103, which means….
Made $482 (pre-tax)
My plan for tomorrow
Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I have to:
- Do some excel work for a client
- Update a powerpoint deck
- See about landing a new project
- A bunch of day job nonsensee
- File the annual report for one of our property LLC’s
1,525 days until I turn $30. I’m making $10K a day passively by then